Where can I start looking for help for my son who is developmentally delayed?

Life Enrichment Advancing People, Inc. (LEAP):

Supports people with developmental disabilities and mental retardation in small and individualized community support programs. All services assist the consumers to gain independence and build on existing skills and strengths.
Phone: (207) 778-3443 or 1-888-688-0268, PO Box 979, 313 Farmington Falls Road, Farmington, Maine 04938. Contact: Rick Dorian, Executive Director.
Web Site: http://www.leapcommunity.org/.

Work First Inc.: Work First Inc. helps to promote the fullest development of an individual’s personal growth, social responsibility, independent living and vocational development. Work First Inc. also helps to provide strategies to help people with disabilities develop relationships, increase their control over their lives and gain positive roles in the community.
Phone: (207) 778-3200, Wilton Rd. Farmington, Hours: Monday-Friday 8-3 p.m. Contact: Linda LaRue-Keniston

RM-Transition: To identify and assist youth and young adults ages 14-25 with disabilities is a successful transition to community involvement by creating opportunities and promoting personal choice.
Phone/Fax: (207) 597-3062, 1355 Auburn Rd Ste 4, Turner, ME 04282.

Adult Mental Retardation Services:

Region 2
(Kennebec & Somerset Counties)
Phone: (207) 287-2205 or 1-800-232-0944, TTY: 207-287-1798, State House Station 60, Augusta, Me 04333

(Androscoggin, Franklin & Oxford Counties)
Phone: (207) 753-9100 or 1-800-866-1803, TTY: (207) 753-9102, 15 Mollison Way, Lewiston, Me 04240

Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS): Franklin County: Phone: (207) 778-8400, 114 Corn Shop Lane, Farmington, Hours: Monday-Friday 8-5 p.m. Androscoggin County (Livermore and Livermore Falls residents): Phone: (207) 795-4300 or 1-800-482-7517, 200 Main St., Lewiston, Hours: Monday-Friday 8-5 p.m.

Kennebec County (Vienna residents): Phone: (207) 624-8000 or
1-800-452-1926, 35 Anthony Ave., Augusta, Hours: Monday-Friday
8-5 p.m.